Strathearn Historical Park will transform itself into a small town in rural America in the 1860s for the 10th Annual Civil War Days Encampment on Saturday, April 2, 2022 from 10am – 4pm and Sunday, April 3, 2022 from 10am to 3pm
Step back to another place and time, when President Lincoln could take a break from his Washington duties to give a speech on the steps of our Strathearn House. Here, costumed civilians, as well as soldiers from the north and south stand ready in their camps, eager to tell their stories to the passing visitors. Sergeants drill groups of local boys and girls curious to experience military life. Skirmishes, as well as artillery, infantry and cavalry demonstrations will take place throughout the weekend.
• President Lincoln delivers his Gettysburg Address
• General Ulysses S. Grant & General Robert E. Lee reenact the Surrender at Appomattox
• Kids wanted as recruits – come early & enlist, plus interview a soldier
• Food for sale from local food vendors
• Experience Authentic Artillery & Infantry Demonstrations
• Enjoy a 1860s Women’s Clothing Demonstration (Saturday Only)
• Tour historic Simi houses & buildings beginning at 12pm each day
• Historical Demonstrations: Civilian Encampment, School Room, Newspapers, Apothecary & more
• Meet Harriet Tubman and listen as she shares her experiences on the Underground Railroad
• Music daily performed by Orange Town Revival, Mountain Fife and Drums and Camp Carleton Band
• Shop Civil War Era Items at Simi Store & Kansas Mercantile
Daily Admission at the Gate:
$7 age 13 and up
$3 kids 5 to 12
FREE: age 4 and under
$5 active/retired military with ID.
***BUY TICKETS AHEAD OF TIME AND SAVE!!!***
Participation fee $5 for all military and civilian participants. Registration will begin at noon on Friday, April 1, 2022. A general release of liability
form is signed by all participants .
Participant wristbands (hemp cord) must be worn at all times during the event.
Participants can begin setting up on Friday, April 1, 2022 at noon.
Registration table for all reenactors by Visitor Center open Friday, April 1 – 12pm – 5pm and Saturday, April 2 – 9am – 3pm. Dinner tickets are available at the time of registration. Dinner reservations must be made on site by 11am, Saturday, April 2, 2022.
*** FOR MORE PARTICIPANT INFO CLICK BUTTON BELOW ***