Participation fee $5 for all military and civilian participants. Registration will begin at noon on Friday, March 31, 2023. A general release of liability form is signed by all participants. Participant wristbands (hemp cord) must be worn at all times during the event.
Participants can begin setting up on Friday, March 31, 2023, at noon.
Registration table for all re-enactors by Visitor Center open Friday, March 31 – 12pm – 5pm and Saturday, April 1 – 9am – 3pm. Dinner tickets are available at the time of registration. Dinner reservations must be made by 11am, Saturday, April 1, 2023.
Bits and Pieces
- Overnight parking for participants is available on Strathearn Place. The parking lot is reserved for handicapped guests (placard or license plate).
- Firewood will be available for participants. Above-ground fires only are allowed in the park. Fire pits must be a minimum of 14 inches above the ground. Reenactors are encouraged to have water buckets and shovels near fires. Red ash cans will be available in camps.
- Potable water and bathrooms are available on-site 24 hours a day
- Participant vehicles must be off park grounds by 9pm on Friday, March 31 and by 9am on Saturday and Sunday, April 1 & 2. No vehicles are allowed to park overnight inside the park.
- Families and friends of reenactors, sutlers and volunteers will be considered guests and are required to pay the entrance fee, unless they have a specific part in the encampment.
Civilian reenactors planning to camp on site must have a confirmation from the Civilian coordinator (see contact information below) due to limited space at the site.
Military groups and individuals planning to camp on-site must contact Civil War coordinator, John Billinger.
All vendors/sutlers, historical displays, etc. must contact and receive a confirmation from the Civil War Days chairperson (Linda Bosley) due to limited space at the site.
*Civil War Coordinator (military-related groups/individuals) – John Billinger firstname.lastname@example.org
*Civilian Coordinator: Linda Bosley – email@example.com
Dinner and dance are planned for participants on Saturday night.
Dinner tickets are $15. Dinner tickets can be purchased in advance of the event -email firstname.lastname@example.org to pay for dinner using a credit card.
Dinner tickets can be purchased on-site on Friday, March 31 and Saturday, April 1 with cash or card. Dinner reservations must be made by 11am, Saturday, April 1, 2023.
See dinner information below for menu
Hotel discount information
Participants – The Grand Vista Hotel in Simi Valley is offering a special rate of $89+tax per night. Contact number (805) 583-2000.
***Please mention Civil War Days – code 5146 for the special $89 rate.
For online reservations – www.grandvistasimi.com
– use code G-5146.